SRCU (Student-Run Credit Union)
Real-world financial experience for students
Ask about our Student-Run Credit Union program
Students in Fairfax, Fauquier, Frederick (VA), Loudoun, Prince William and Stafford Counties gain hands-on experience using or operating a fully functioning Apple FCU branch inside their school building.
Students are ‘hired’ as employees and perform many duties, like accepting membership applications and processing deposits. The goal is for students to enhance their financial literacy, gain practical work experience and improve their money management skills.
Who can do business at a school branch?
Only students, faculty and staff that work at the school can conduct business at the SRCU during the day. The branches are open during the school lunch periods and sometimes before and/or after school.
- Battlefield High School — Bobcat Branch
- Briar Woods High School — Falcon Branch
- Brooke Point High School — The Black-Hawk Branch
- CD Hylton High School — The Bulldog Branch
- Colgan Sr High School — Sharks Branch
- Forest Park High School — Bruins Branch
- Freedom High School — Eagles Branch
- James Wood High School — The Colonels Branch
- Liberty High School — Eagles Branch
- Manassas Park High School — Cougars Branch
- Mt. Vernon High School — Major Branch
- North Stafford High School — Wolverines Branch
- Osbourn High School — Eagle Branch
- Osbourn Park High School — Yellow Jacket Branch
- Patriot High School — Pioneers Branch
- Potomac High School — Panthers Branch
- Potomac Falls High School — Panthers Branch
- Rippon Middle School — Raider Branch
- Robert E. Lee High School — Lancer Branch
- Robinson Secondary — Ram Branch
- Stone Bridge HS — The Bulldog Branch
- Stonewall Jackson HS — Raiders Branch
- Tuscarora HS — Huskies Branch
SRCU consulting for Credit Unions
An in-school student-run credit union branch network serves as both an excellent educational resource and a convenient place for students, educators and staff to bank.
To learn how Apple FCU can help you add an SRCU network into your organization's next phase, call 703-788-4800 and ask to speak with a member of the Community Relations team. We have decades of award-winning experience. From fostering school relationships and drafting an overall strategy, to the documentation and the necessary operating procedures, Apple's experts are available to assist you every step of the way.
Student Banking Benefits
At Apple Federal Credit Union, it pays to be a student! From our Student-Run Credit Union branches to our large NoVA branch network, Mobile Apps and website wherever you are, we’re nearby.View all videos